Ghost Lights and Flying Saucers

 In Albuquerque at the end of a road named Menaul is an area that is said to be haunted. 

During the day it doesn't seem at all haunted, there are several hiking trails and in good weather it is pretty busy with hikers and nature lovers. 

This is the story I know about the haunting: 

There was a serial killer who lived in a cave in that area. He would kidnap people and take them there where he would then kill them, roast and eat them. 

So far nobody has found a proper cave, though there are large stones that could form a shelter from the elements. Also, I have checked the local archives and found no mention of any serial killer, so it would seem this is an urban legend used as it was with me to scare children not to go anywhere with a stranger. 

Well, or this story could have sprung up due to people reporting seeing ghostly lights in the area at night. Most report the lights as looking like someone running around with a lantern. However, one of my friends had an experience there one night where he described to me a bonfire chasing him. That is quite a bit different than a lantern! 

As reported by Linda Moulton Howe, On Tuesday May 28, 1974 three men were camping up high on the mountain and claimed to see a white disk and a silver triangular craft with odd symbols on the ground at or near the Menaul foothills. These men were detained at KAFB and interrogated and threatened about revealing what they had seen. They were told it was a "Soviet incident." 

That same night around 9pm a family witnessed a glowing football shaped object in the same area. They jumped in their car and drove to the area. On Menaul they were stopped at Tramway road by state police. Beyond the police they could see a glowing object hovering low to the ground and armed military personnel.

During what I believe was that same week on either the Sunday before or the Sunday after I witnessed my first UFO sighting. I was 8 years old. It was early in the morning with the sun just rising and a reddish colored disk was zipping across the mountain range. It reminded me of a hummingbird flying from flower to flower. It would dip down and then back up, stop in mid air and then in seconds be across the entire area. I was forced by my grandmother to stop watching it and eat breakfast and by the time I had done that the object was gone. 

I can't help but wonder if the "ghost lights" and UFOs aren't somehow connected instead of just a weird coincidence. Like maybe the lights are some sort of beacon that attracted the UFOs to that area?

I did do a google satellite view and saw nothing that looked like what someone might expect, a circle where there is no growth or something like that. Of course, it has been nearly 50 years! I will continue to look into this "sighting" and the "ghost lights" though.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pablo

New Blog