Subscription boxes, part 3: Tamed Wild

 I just recently subscribed to Tamed Wild. It was sort of a toss up between that and Mindful Souls. However, Mindful Souls is about $20 more per month. 

Since I subscribed at the end of March I ended up with the Ostara box even though Ostara had already passed. Possibly I should have waited a bit longer. 

So was it worth the $20 subscription is the main question. Well, and that is sort of subjective because it also depends whether you like what you got, if you didn't it is pretty worthless. 

First off, the box it came in was lovely, the sort of box you don't want to throw away even though you have no clue why you should save it! 


I couldn't wait to open it and check out the contents! 

First off, a tea light or "ritual candle" they call it. No information on what this is made from so I assume it is a normal candle, not soy or beeswax. Meh! I would not buy.



Second, Rose of Jericho. I wasn't really sure what this was for. No real information other than it is a symbol of rebirth. Maybe it would have been good for my Ostara altar, but Ostara had passed, so not sure what to do with it. It says the dormant flower grows up to 5x its size when exposed to water, which is interesting. I looked it up on the internet and apparently if I put this in a bowl of water it will come back to life! It is just pretending to be dead until it gets water again! I can't wait to try that! Although, it also said that it could be poisonous to cats, so I may put it outside. It is from the Chihuahua desert, so I am not sure why I am supposed to keep it out of direct sunlight, but I will try.



Brighid's cross amulet. About 1" x 1", very dainty. Anyone who know me knows my jewelry is more chunky than dainty. Still, I always like jewelry and I do sometimes wear more dainty jewelry to work since I am not supposed to wear jewelry to work. It also came in a cute little bag. 

 





Ostara tea. Chamomile and peppermint, so not just for Ostara. I will for certain use this! 


Agate egg: Always happy getting crystals or stones and this also came with a little egg stand. I recently bought a rose quartz egg smaller than this and it was nearly $10, 


Now for my most favorite thing from the box - it is a tarot bag or in my case more likely a crystals bag. It is a black velvet cloth with embroidery. As you may have guessed from my Ipsy post, I really like little bags! Also, I recently bought a David Bowie tarot bag, which was slightly larger, but just printed not embroidered and it was $8. 


Also included in the box was a card with description and in some cases use of items, a card explaining Ostara and a card with Ostara rituals. 

Overall, I was happy with my box except for the candle! The best thing about subscription boxes is the surprise of what is in them! Like unwrapping a birthday present! I felt I got my $20 worth from the items and getting to learn about a new plant! 

That said, I still may try the Mindful Souls box. Just wondering what I would get for my $40 and I could always cancel after a month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pablo

New Blog