Subscription Boxes, part 2: Ipsy

 COVID has been tough on all of us! Not being able to go out shopping for any girlie stuff I subscribed to Ipsy about a year ago. 

For those of you who don't know, Ipsy sends out a monthly subscription bag with about 5 items. Most are sample size, but some are full sized. It is $12 per month and if you consider most full sized beauty products (of a good brand) can easily be $10, it is a good deal. Plus, you get to try a lot of new products that you wouldn't necessarily want to buy just to try them. 

I just love the little bags so much! You would think getting one a month would be too much, but I use them for all sorts of stuff, not just cosmetics. They are great for crafting supplies, especially if you have a lot of small stuff like beads or even crochet supplies like hooks and needles. I even have a bag full of spare batteries! 

The problem with Ipsy during this past year has been that many of the products I can't really use. Skin care and eye makeup is really about it because most of my face is covered by a mask when I go out, so why bother! Because of that I am switching to bi-monthly for now, but it certainly is not because I don't enjoy Ipsy and the products. 

Photos are of my February bag, which included: Naked cosmetics vanilla cream lip scrub, Pixi by Petra eye pencil in roseglow, Bite Beauty lip stain in orange fizz (haven't tried that and am not too sure about that color on me), Eyeko lid gloss in zodiac and Maelle Beauty sunkissed blush in sundown. 









Comments

regan lee said…
I was doing Ispy for awhile. Loved the bags -- I use them for my tarot and oracle decks. But the make-up -- samples were too small and brands I never heard of. And, like you say, people only see my eyes when I go out. For those reasons, and the money (not that it was that much, but for the money, and every bit helps) I unsubscribed from the service. But at least I got some very nifty cases for my cards.
LesleyinNM said…
I actually like the small samples. I hate when I am stuck with a full sized product I don't like and have to throw away! lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Pablo

New Blog