Subscription Boxes, part 1: Loot Crate

 The first subscription box I subscribed to was Loot Crate. I am not sure how much Loot Crate costs now, but at that time I believe it was around $12 and I felt you got good value for that price.

Every month I would get a t-shirt, action figure and at least one or two other geeky things. I really had nowhere to keep the action figures and wasn't interested in most of them and gave them to my nephew. So after about 6 months I decided to switch to their girlie loot crate, which was higher priced.

I believe I stayed with that about 6 months until I realized that most things they sent were too girlie for me. For example, one month was a Disney Beauty and the Beast scarf. I am sure I would have loved it if I were 5 years old, but I am many years past that. A lot of months the stuff just seemed too childish and so I canceled my Loot Crate Girlie subscription. 

I do still have most of my Loot Crate t-shirts and was happy with those (especially my David Bowie Labyrinth one) and believe if you like action figures and have somewhere to keep them, the original Loot Crate would be great for you! Overall, I enjoyed receiving my boxes and felt I got value for the price. I may resubscribe some day! 

Oh, and one of the "action figures" I kept and love is this Planet Express model! 




Comments

regan lee said…
I love that spaceship! I will have to check out Loot Crate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pablo

New Blog